After Andrew and I got married almost three years ago (wow,
how time flies), I was ready to start a family immediately. Andrew was hot and
cold with the idea at first but quickly came around to it. As young, healthy
individuals, we never would have dreamed that three years later we would be
where we are today (baby less). After a
little over a year of trying, I began to research anything and everything to
increase chances. We went to the OB GYN to get everything checked out. They did
a panel of blood work on me and Andrew got tested too. We were eventually given
a clean bill of health and no answer to our burning question, why are we not
pregnant.
After feeling like the doctor we had been seeing wasn’t giving
us the answers we were looking for, I began to research doctors who specialize
in infertility. I came across Dr. Donahue, who is a Reproductive
Endocrinologist (RE), and made an appointment in March 2011. After meeting with
Dr. Donahue, we knew we were in the right place. He temporarily diagnosed me
with Endometriosis (a disease in which uterine tissue grows out side of the uterus),
and recommended that I have a Laparoscopy (the surgery performed to diagnosis
and remove endometriosis). My surgery was
scheduled for April 29, 2011, where Dr. Donahue removed Stage I Endometriosis. He
said that our fertility prognosis was great. After taking time to heal and a
much needed vacation, we began several months of infertility treatments, none
of which resulted in a pregnancy.
This leads us to where we are in our journey today. We are
both very excited to start the process of adoption. We always knew that this
would be a step that we would take eventually (I was adopted and we both wanted
to adopt) but never thought it would be this soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment